Lost Archives & Other / RE: (TV) Indigestion

>We had the list on another service for its first year, and
>lost all of our archives when they merged with another company.

If we ever create a time-capsule for future generations of fans,
of the MM List messages (& 'The Wonder') buried next to Tom, or
an electronic version in internet-cyber-hyper-space,  The Archives
can [with a just little work] be totally complete.

Shortly before all of the first year of MM Archives were lost when
servers were changed, I printed out all of the posts.  I believe
there are 1,087 of them.  Besides being of historical interest most
of them make fascinating reading.

There's one very early post in which a member after hearing how many
members there were writes:
"That's great---not too big, not too small--nice and cozy ...".)
Then shortly thereafter, some crazed member says that he's got a bunch
of articles & interviews of the band and that he'll post them.
(It wasn't me as I didn't join until April 2000.)

So, I had better move the cardboard box of them in my attic to be on
the safe side from squirrels who shredded and ate a lot of my grad
school notes.

>I'd say you could buy me a drink in NYC in May, but it's now looking
>very unlikely that I'll be able to make Tom's gig :(

That's too bad Joe as Philip is hitching a free ride from Fresno on
private Red Sox jet carrying San Diego Padres 3rd string catcher, Doug
Mirabelli to Boston via NYC.

Leo

As of today, no listing of any scheduled Boston show for Verlaine's tour.

However, my [good] sources say that these shows will be all-instrumental
(with no songs performed from "Songs And Other Things" except for
'A Parade In Littleton' and 'Peace Piece').  But that's ok with me as
I've decided I prefer 'Around' to the new vocal album.

Nah. We'd have no control over the archives, the tech service, etc.
We had the list on another service for its first year, and lost all
of our archives when they merged with another company.

Joe does a great job -- I probably owe him another bottle of wine
(after 5 years of service!)

--Phil