Re: (TV) oddly enough...

Oddly enough, my local store was sold out (-! ) of 'Songs...' so for my lunch money it had to be 'around'  (and now they're sold out of that, too).
  Which on first 3/4s of a listen, seems like another great instrumental disc, the sound is so spacious, and crystal clear. Verlaine's guitar seems to be speaking, it's uncanny how he does that!
  This album, and Warm and Cool, are sort of critic-proof (see my earlier spoof of X-gau) - they're either boring noodle-fests, or highly individual, expressive sketches sculpted out of pure guitar-bass-drum tones - depending on the type of attention you bring to them...at any given moment.

  More specific observations later, possibly... you know who also could do a hair-raising all-instrumental sick guitar thing, is that Richard Lloyd.