Re: (TV) OT: Chet Baker DD

At 10:27 AM -0700 5/13/06, russ wrote:
Hi folks. I've been on a Chet Baker kick of late.

I really, really loved the soundtrack to the film _Let's Get Lost_, though the film itself is insufferable for three reasons: the train wreck factor you mention, Bruce Weber's random insertion of good-looking-people-having-fun which have nothing to do with CB, and (in the copy I rented) an inaudible audio track, often drowned by bad-alignment hum (tape). I'd assume that a fresh copy, if one found one, wouldn't have that problem.

But the soundtrack album! Wow. Sure, his voice was really beat by that time, but I actually prefer the late, damaged voice to the early clean one.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/