Re: (TV) "around" in Australia

On 5/17/06, Glenn Cooper <glenncooper@austarnet.com.au> wrote:

> and was told
> that they apologise for the delay but "around" has an "export ban" on it
> and
> they haven't been able to procure a copy.
>
> an "export ban"? wtf? why?!
>
> luckily i picked up the other album online ages ago -- it probably has the
> same "export ban" applied to it ...

"Around" is banned because it's the album where Tom doesn't use the f-word.

Are the albums out in the UK on their own terms, or are all of Brits
listening to exported copies?  I know Tom used to be more commercially
successful in the UK (Adventure charting, The Wonder not being relesased in
the US, Tom living in London, etc.) so that'd be a bit of a turnaround.

-Rex, maybe gonna review "Around" later today...