(TV) Greg's Great & Hilarious S&OT Review

Greg wrote:

>nO ONE IS GOING TO READ THIS ALL THE WAY THROUGH, NOT ALONE TWICE

Greg, I loved your review but didn't read it twice---I read it three times.

I liked what you said about the ".. speaky vocals"

But most of all:

>I like the way he fits all the parts together and plays them off each other

>and off the spaces between the notes like a classical composer rather

>than a pop musician

Spot on!

The part about Jutta and esp.

>Tom on Designer Guys? ..his walls are covered with Smoke

>residue!_) _an ashtray is not a centerpiece Mr. Verlaine!_).

It brought back bad memories of my NYC hotel room last week :>)

>Kind of a shlocky little number with a cheesy,

>predictable chorus ..

A fair number of the choruses on the album are predictable

(or/and Overly familiar).

>Rating: I'm harder on poor Tom then I would be on anyone else.

That's the price of genius.

>As a Verlaine album compared to prior efforts B.

Agree.

>As a Verlaine album versus the world, an A plus is too low.

Yes.

Ty, where is your review in the Boston Globe-get cracking.

Or if you're not writing it who is?  Loan them your cd if necessary :>)

I'm being deliberately bad in not trimming this post because I want

to make it easier for those Marquee Moon-ers, who skipped this the

first time around To check it out.

    Leo

PS: Are you related to those two Canadian guys who did those Molson

commercials about 10-12 years?  (What were there names?)

PPS:

>my ***cheap plug alert*** upcoming recording / cd / whatever

Send me an e-mail off-list when it comes out, I'd like to buy

a copy---on second thought what the hell, send it On-List,

this List needs reminding.