(TV) joanna newsom--interview in stomp and stammer

this is an ATL music rag.  i say it's worth book
marking the website since it is a decent pub:

http://www.stompandstammer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=669&Itemid=1

and here is an email i sent to  stomp and stammer:

I missed the cover and I missed the damn show.  Better
late than never,
as I just picked up the CD.  Who knew the harp could
be so hip!  "Ys"
is a sprawling monster, but after a few listens, it
all comes tumbling
into place.

Think "Astral Weeks," "Greetings from Asbury Park" and
"The Hangman's
Beautiful Daughter" if you need some meaningless
points of reference.

And as for complaints about Newsom's voice, I will
quote Robert
Christgau's Marquee Moon review: "I know why people
complain about Tom
Verlaine's angst-ridden voice, but fuck that, I
haven't had such intense
pleasure from a new release since I got into Layla
three months after it
came out, and this took about fifteen seconds."

Good interview to boot.