Re: (TV) ron asheton RIP

Aw hell.

In 2007 I saw the Stooges at the Orpheum Theater in Boston MA.

Three songs into the show, Iggy, clearly irritated by the security
goons in front of the stage, decides to invite the entire audience
onto the stage with him.  In seconds the security guys were covered
with people climbing up and over them, and moments later I found
myself with onstage with like 80 people, jammed up against Asheton as
the band grinded its way through an extended incredibly raucous
version of "I Wanna Be Your Dog".  Beyond "excuse me" and "er, sorry",
there wasn't a lot to say, so I just shrugged and gave him the thumbs
up.  Ron just laughed. The entire time, he was laughing -- the guy was
clearly having a blast being in the center of this chaotic moshpit of
a stage...

I love how Rolling Stone magazine once described Asheton's guitar
playing as having "made the Stooges' music reek like a puddle of
week-old biker sweat.''

A fitting epitaph.

-A