(TV) Lloyd's Very Gracious Comments!

I was trolling thru all the reviews of the 2013 World Tour last night, and
was rereading the well-written piece by Richard Williams (of the infamous
'Double Exposure' bootleg aka Television's Dec. 1975 Eno Sessions), and
found this startling Comment on Jimmy Rip written by Richard Lloyd.

I know there was some posts by the List about the Williams review itself,
but after looking in the M M List Archives I couldn't find any reaction to
Lloyd's remarks; so I'm posting them here.

I think it was very gracious of Lloyd to say what he says considering his
feeling towards Tom and how 99% of us know no one could ever
replace/replicate Richard's guitar playing.

"So I decided to retire from the band and Tom replaced me with his long time
buddy Jimmy Ripp and Ripp began posting about producing the next Television
record by the end of the year (2007), which came and went.

In 2012 they embarked on a world tour that continues even as we speak. Jimmy
Ripp is quite capable of recreating my parts and is a good guitarist, so
what they continue to call Television is out of my hands. I'm happy for
Fred, Billy and Jimmy and Tom and wish them well.

Regards, - Richard Lloyd"

His entire comments are here:
http://thebluemoment.com/2013/11/20/back-into-the-arms-of-venus-de-milo/#com
ments