Re: (TV) Lloyd's Very Gracious Comments!

________________________________
Thanks Leo for re-posting th
at link to the review.  I must have missed it the first time 'round.
I enjoyed reading it plus all the comments.

D.

I was
 trolling thru all the reviews of the 2013 World Tour last night, and
was
 rereading the well-written piece by Richard Williams (of the infamous
'D
ouble Exposure' bootleg aka Television's Dec. 1975 Eno Sessions), and
fou
nd this startling Comment on Jimmy Rip written by Richard Lloyd.

I know there was some posts by the List about the Williams review its
elf,
but after looking in the M M List Archives I couldn't find any react
ion to
Lloyd's remarks; so I'm posting them here.

I think it w
as very gracious of Lloyd to say what he says considering his
feeling tow
ards Tom and how 99% of us know no one could ever
replace/replicate Richa
rd's guitar playing.

"So I decided to retire from the band and T
om replaced me with his long time
buddy Jimmy Ripp and Ripp began posting
 about producing the next Television
record by the end of the year (2007)
, which came and went.

In 2012 they embarked on a world tour that cont
inues even as we speak. Jimmy
Ripp is quite capable of recreating my part
s and is a good guitarist, so
what they continue to call Television is ou
t of my hands. I'm happy for
Fred, Billy and Jimmy and Tom and wish them
well.

Regards, - Richard Lloyd"

His entire comments are her
e: