Re: (TV) Re: wire

Mmm. I had a 'Best Of' Wire for ages and hated it, but then I suddenly got it
and started to play it all the time. I agree that 'Chairs Missing' is their
best album. And in fact, I think they were often very humourous, though in a
much darker way than Television. At least, I can't find any other explanation
for lyrics like 'Please dress in your best things, this course was unplanned /
Cos you see up in the bedroom I've got Sarah Bernard's hand'.
There was a phase a few years ago of new Brit guitar bands ripping Wire off
wholesale (Elastica and Menswear, among others). & apparently they're playing
live in London fairly soon. I've never liked the stuff they did since
reforming, though.
Sam