Re: (TV) 500,000 copies sold?

I think you misunderstood.  RS's 1987 issue of 100 greatest records of all time (MM #38) indicates that MM had sold 80,000 units as of 1987.  thus, it's hard to believe that in the next decade 420,000 units are sold.
I would be interested infinding out what world wide and domestic sales totals are.  how does one find out this info?

 >>> "subterraneannyc@mindspring.com" 01/05/00 05:46PM >>>
    Well if Television '92 re-union tour is any indication it's not
that difficult to believe. They played 2 sold out shows in NYC. However,
in New haven Connecticut just 2 hours away they sold 200 advanced tickets
and the club were looking to give the remaining 800/1300 tickets away.
Apparently this was the case in most of the country with the exception
of a few pockets ticket sales were pretty poor. So 80,000 units since
1987 doesn't seem so inconceivable. It may be a bit disheartening, but
certainly believable. Now is that a world-wide figure or a domestic
figure? M T C