Re: [(TV) Verlaine on "Dead Man Walking"]

"Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:
Patti did a track for the "Dead Man Walking" soundtrack in 1996. Does
Verlaine
play guitar on this track? Anyone?

Either way, is it worth picking up the soundtrack for this song?

--Philip

Philip, I remember hearing the song once on a local radio station, and it sure
sounded like Verlaine was playing on it.  I checked will allmusic, and they
confirmed my (sometimes questionable) memory:

http://allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?UID=9:39:25|PM&p=amg&sql=A231480

Apropos of nothing, the New York Times reported today that the Eagles'
Greatest Hits has quietly overtaken Thriller as the best selling album of all
time -- 26 million units.  There's about 52 copies of the Eagles' Greatest
Hits out there for every copy of Marquee Moon.

- Jeff Strell