Re: [(TV) Verlaine on "Dead Man Walking"]

I have to say, despite MTC's warning about this word, that I _HATED_ the movie
'Dead Man Walking'. Sean Penn was good in it, but the whole thing was such a
load of sanctimonious, self-serving (for the oh-so-saintly author/nun),
manipulative twaddle, I really disliked it more than any other film I've ever
seen, I think. The message of the film is 'Capital punishment is wrong because
even slobs like Sean Penn can find God'. Which is crap. Capital punishment is
wrong just because it's wrong to kill people.
Sorry about the rant, but I have strong feelings on the film!
Sam