Re: (TV) Rest in Peace Peter Laughner......

At 3:49 PM -0500 1/14/00, Joe Hartley wrote:
Maurice Rickard <maurice@greenmarketplace.com> wrote:
> Then there's the Five, Carsickness, the Cardboards, Dress Up As
> Natives.... I could go on, but I'll spare the list.

Ahhh, faves.  I knw folks in both the Five and Carsickness.  I once
crashed on Arch's (Hans) floor!  I've kept in touch with Chris Konigsburg
via email off an on over the years.  I was involved with WRCT, CMU's
radio station, as were a bunch of people from those 2 bands.

I always loved the Five's anatomical dissection illustrations.  I've
got a Five story as well, but it's not terribly exciting.

And I still have my copy of "Shooting Above The Garbage!"

Yeah, sadly I only saw a few of those bands live, and a friend of mine was in the Natives. Another friend was telling me about the Five's version of "Angel of the Morning"--apparently priceless.

RCT continues to be a fine station, and a year and a half ago served as my introduction to Joel Phelps and the Downer Trio. To tie this into the other thread going at the moment, if you're into Richard Buckner (this means you, jpg), check out Phelps. I've posted several glowing reviews of his stuff to the list in the past; to avoid wearing out other listers, I'll refer you to http://come.to/joelphelps/ which is a fan site (not run by me) that has several CD and show reviews (some of them mine).

Maurice Rickard                   |  Personal site:
http://www.greenmarketplace.com/  |  http://www.envirolink.org/maurice