Re: (TV) Conversation starter

Ok, in the playlist today:

On my turntable, Ultravox!'s debut (on loan - thanks Mike)

In my CD player today:
Shadows of the Night - BACK DOOR MEN
Talking Heads - NAME OF THE BAND IS (CD-R copy - waiting for Sire to put this
out on CD)
Various Artists - Sire/Phonogram New Wave comp., 1978 (CD-R copy - contains an
otherwise unavailable alt. version of the Voidoids' "Love Comes In Spurts" as
well as slew of other great tracks - Dead Boys, NY Dolls, Runaways, Talking
Heads, Ramones, etc.)
Various Artists - 1-2-3-4 PUNK & NEW WAVE disc 5 (just got lent this disc -
forgot how many great songs there were from this period. Just discovered
"Another Girl, Another Planet", as well as the single versions of "Shot By Both
Sides" and "Jocko Homo". Probably will buy the whole 5-disc set ASAP.)
The Undertones - PEEL SESSIONS and SIN OF PRIDE
Flaming Lips - SOFT BULLETIN (bought because so many people on this list
mentioned it - just getting into it)
Feelies - ONLY LIFE
Devo - DUTY NOW FOR THE FUTURE

Also listened to Bowie's HOURS... earlier today. My Bowie super-fandom pretty
much ended during the year leading-up to this album's release, and I haven't
listened to it in well over a month, but it sounded better than I remembered
today. Still was way overhyped though, and could easily lose a track or two.

--Philip