Re: (TV) favorite covers

In a message dated 1/23/00 7:49:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, jh@brainiac.com
writes:

> Whipping Post - Frank Zappa (!!!!)

How about Frank's version of "Stairway To Heaven"? Right when the big guitar
solo is s'posed to come in, and you figure FZ is just going to annihilate the
original, lo and behold, the BRASS SECTION takes the solo in unison, matching
the original.

Well done *AND* funny.

    -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg

"What do you get when you take Italy's finest zydeco musicians and turn them
loose on a program of Cyndi Lauper favorites? We have no idea, really, but we
imagine it would sound nothing like THE MISTAKES, the semi-long-awaited
collaboration between four of modern music's more intriguing practitioners
..."
    -- from the press release for the debut album by The Mistakes