(TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #33

I am not sure what Mike is really asking, so bear with me if I am not
answering the question...  There is an interview somewhere on the internet
with Bob Quine, and he said that he went to law school (can't remember
where) to dodge the draft.  But then couldn't pass the bar exam.  He worked
for Prentice Hall (or some publishers with a similar name in New Jersey),
writing or compiling treatises on trust and estate law or something.  Now,
if Bob will teach me how to play guitar like him, I'll teach him how to pass
the bar in New York... ha!

> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:56:45 -0500
> From: "MICHAEL CARLUCCI" <subterraneannyc@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: (TV) Blank Generation CD
>
> >here, here Philip, that would indeed be the ideal packaging, with the
> >original sleeve AND original inner sleeve with lyrics and photo
collage(with
> >photos by Roberta Bayley, among others), which includes  a Berklee School
of

> >Music ID card of Robert Quine,
>

>     This ID card brings up a good point. Although I have never actually
> asked him
> myself, I recall Lou Reed doing an interview with Bill Boggs(who would
later
> record
> the infamous Reed/Quine shows @ the Bottom Line). Boggs asked Lou about
> Quine, who
> at the time was raving about his the guitarist he could finally play with
> since the
> V.U. days. I'm getting to it, anyway, Boggs said "Robert Ginsberg, a
former
> lawyer
> right". I sort of recall Lou saying yes, that's right. But the ID card
> disputes that.
> I've never been in te frame of mind to ask him true or false. Does anyone
> out there
> know? M T C
> To unsubscribe: Mail majordomo@obbard.com with message "unsubscribe
tv-digest"