Re: (TV) more covers...!/MC5!!(

>Oops i meant to write"don't start me talking"-( the Sonny Boy Williamson
>song covered by the Dolls )-not "Human being" obviously...memory is starting
>to go in me ole age!...the Dolls really made this no. their own...however
>their take on "Showdown", charming though it is in a white boy shambly kinda
>way, is not a patch on the original by Archie Bell and the Drells-a fab
>record!...another great cover version i heard again recently is the Faces
>doing Macca's "maybe i'm amazed"-the Faces were much under-rated i
>think...shame Ron W. got enticed away to join the stones and play second
>fiddle / court jester to lord keef of the manor-he was a real talent in his
>own right and a good songwriter to boot...
>
>Also i'd like to say how much i love "Back in the USA" too-a damn-near
>masterpiece imo- i think BOTH guitarists are/were awesome players and
>compliment each other perfectly ...so hey no more dissing Wayne!.....don't
>forget the wonderful "High Time" either btw!!!!!
>(Finally-the solo on "Looking at you" BURNS!!!!!!!)
>R.

    I don't know how closely any of you pay attention to what "Brother"
Wayne
Kramer has been saying about Fred "Sonic" Smith but let me tell you, Kramer
is
one low Mutha F@#*er. He dwells on Fred's addictions, and domestic hearsay.
Wayne
had not seen Fred in almost 20 years and when he did Fred had liver cancer.
Wayne
saw that as a man deteriorating from his alcoholism. Not true. Since the MC5
split
up Fred managed to raise two wonderful children, maintain a
succesful(non-abusive)
marriage, obtain a aeronautic pilot's license, had the Sonic's Rendezous
band,
did Dream Of Life, and managed to stay out of prison. Wayne had no clue as
to these
achievements. All he can talk about these days is how Fred mentally &
physically
abused Patti(again, not true), lost his mind, wasn't the same(who is after
15 years),
basically called him a loser. You  can read these quotes from "Brother"
Wayne Kramer
in his last 4 or 5 interviews. The guy's a jealous cocks@#*er. And when
confronted
all he could say n his defense was "hey, I called it as I saw it". Nevermind
that
he's trying to tear down Fred's good name and rep, but what about the
feelings of
Fred's family who are still here and have to live with Wayne's speculations.
Wayne
actually had the balls to say that at Fred's wake Jackson(Fred's son) nor
Patti
could shed a tear for Fred, and that his 5 year old daughter was at the
funeral parlor
playing in a corner. How ridiculous is that. Does Brother Wayne Kramer know
how the family may have mourned at home? Surely not. My point behind all of
this, if Wayne
professes to be Fred's "Brother" why wouldn't he put emphasis on all of
Fred's major
accomplishments like the other surviving members of the MC5 do? I'm sorry
but I cannot
refrain from dissing someone like this, nor can I hold any amount of respect
for
such loathesome vermin. I still suggest that if you want to hear the more
prolific,
seasoned guitarist, pick up the current Sonics Rendezvous Band CD "City
Slang". If
the playing and songwriting on that disc do not get your adrenalin going,
then you
may want to check your pulse. After that you can buy "Sweet Nothing" CD. In
the
3-1/2 years that SRB were together Fred must have written over 50 songs,
played well
over 325 shows and all on the strength of 1 one-sided single. Quite possibly
the
best independent R & R single of all time "City Slang". Thanks for letting
me vent.
M T C