Re: (TV) req. for suggestions on repairing CDs

Another trick I've heard of is using a mild abrasive on the read side.
Soap (Michael's suggestion) does fit the bill, but if your scratches are
worse than soap can deal with, you might want to try toothpaste, which is
also a mild abrasive.

I'd also suggest going to www.deja.com and clicking on the Power Search
link.  Do a search for "CD scratches" and possibly "toothpaste" on the
rec.audio.pro forum.  I recall a thread about this very topic a while
back.

Good luck,
Maurice

Maurice Rickard                  | GreenMarketplace.com: Natural products
http://www.greenmarketplace.com/ | for you and your planet.