Re: (TV) No New York

    Well not for long. Amos Poe is in the process of releasing his "Blank
Generation" Documentary into a Soundtrack LP. You know what this means?
Tom Verlaine waited too long to issue Little Johnny Jewel so now Amos
who has a 2 track master tape will get his out before anyone else. He's got
the complete, uneditted version as well. You know the old saying "you snooze
you
lose" and that's what happened with Tom, he kept putting it off. Not to
mention
Amos has some great unreleased Blondie, Ramones, Heartbreakers, Patti,
Talking Heads,
and New York Dolls. Amos was just in here today talking about this. I
suppose the
festival that's happening sparked this off in his head. So this will be the
new
definitive statement of NYC Punk. Though No New York should be in everyone's
collection.

    Are any of you familiar with an LP by a group called "Aural Exciters"
who
had an LP entitled "Spooks In Space"? It's got Pat Place(Contortions, Bush
Tetras)
on guitar, James Chance on Horns, Walter Steading Violin, Richie Vetter on
Keyboards,
Taana Aida Gardner on Vocals, and a slew of others. It's on the ZE Records
Label.
It was released in 1979. It's the first time I've ever seen the record.

    Lastly, there's a 2CD Set called "Songs Of The Naked City" which has
previously
unreleased tracks by Richard Hell, Ramones, Blondie, Suicide, Martin Rev,
Real Kids,
Walter Stedding w/Robert Fripp, The Fleshtones, and The Bloodless Pharoahs
with
Brian Setzer. It was released by none other than Marty Thau. It's pretty
awesome if you
don't own one you should. Anyone going to the Blank Generation & Beyond
Festival? M T C