Re: (TV) Cale

    It just warms my heart to see that Cale is so appreciated. He made
such an impression on me in '76 @ CBGB's. I went there only because
he was in Lou Reed's band the V.U. The set was great, but when he did
"Memphis" I left the club with my tongue lickin' up the floor. It was
spellbinding. Animal justice indeed. He was the Rock & Roll Animal
that night. I went the next night and the night after that. I had to
sit through the Mumps one night(yaaaawwwnnn), and a really great band
from Athens who's name escapes me right now. 3 piece, guitar, bass, and
drums.
A very simple name like The Blahs(it's not Blahs). It'll come to me. I'm
not sure but for some reason I thought one of Chris Cutler's bands opened
one of the three nights. I have never been able to find a tape from
any of those Cale shows at CBGB's. I believe it was November or December
of '76. Shortly thereafter I stumbled upon Richard Hell performing there
and I was never quite the same again. I had no idea who the "Hell" he was
he was just some mildly psychotic Iggy Pop on Bass guitar eating the
microphone.
If my memory serves me well they we doing "Love Comes In Spurts" and then
left the stage. Unbelievable. Good night, I'm goin' home now. It's 12:00
midnight and I'm still at the store. My wife and daughter are away so I'm
all alone and have no need or desire to go home. BYE M T C