(TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #54

<< Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:09:58 -0500
 From: "MICHAEL CARLUCCI" <subterraneannyc@mindspring.com>
 Subject: Re: (TV) Please Kill Me. No, not me. The Book.

     One of the funniest paragraphs in Please Kill Me is that Legs
 McNeil actually had the balls to say that Patti Smith wanted him!
 She put her hands down his pants and he had to tell her to back off.
 Patti found this sort of amusing. She was hanging out with guys like
Tom Verlaine, Sam Shepard, & Alan Lanier, why would she want to go to bed
with a troll like Legs McNeil.(BTW, not my words) >>

heh heh ... Lester Bangs... Legs McNeil... R. Meltzer... one can only imagine
the conversations these rock-crit guys used to have amongst themselves.

--excerpted from an R. Meltzer interview that took place in 1995. (and
recently ran in the fanzine Ozmotic Tongue Pressure)

RM: This is Buffalo, 1974.  Anyway Patti performed with Lenny, only with
Lenny, at a rock writers symposium at Buffalo State, 1974.  Me, Lester, a
buncha people.  Lester was drunk, he was trying to fuck Patti, she was like
get outta here Lester.

OTP: Did you ever fuck her?

RM:  No but once I had my hand on her pussy and came out with a hair, and I
saved that for awhile.