Re: (TV) Arthur Lee

    No one's asking you to love their disease, just not to criticize
their disease. It's like criticizing someone for having cancer or
epilepsy. These people have a condition and some do not know how to
fix it or can't. I just lost  a grandfather to alcoholism. I was the only
one in my family that knew it. Everyone else would just say, "oh he sure
loves his beer". Yeah, 2 six packs or more a day worth of love. Peoples
ignorance to the disease of addiction in this day and age is astounding.
I too have a Jaco Pastorious story that's too long to get into, but he was
constantly in the wrong place and had too many hangers on that would drag
him down with them. The police are complete idiots when it comes to
addiction.
They were constantly arresting Jaco here and berating him with the exception
of one
fine officer who befriended Jaco and tried to help him. You can only help
those addicts who know they need it and want it. It's too bad that so many
people have to
die because of this dreaded disease. We finally have a way to combat it with
an African herb
that the U.S. Government refuses to allow here because there's some
hallucinations
that go with the detoxification of it's use. The name escapes me at the
moment,
but it confirms my suspicions on the "Governments War on Drugs". There ain't
no war. Just load up the heroin user with Methadone which is 10 times more
difficult
to kick. This herb is a one shot deal. In 12 hours the addict is clean
without the
3 days of withdrawal hell and no desire to use again. Does anyone know what
plant I'm talking
about? M T C