Re: (TV) Re: Bill Frisell

He's definitely a phenomenal player. Much of his solo stuff isn't to my taste (it's mellow in a way that, for whatever reason, has never quite connected with me) but he's in complete command of the instrument, for sure. And I have to say that I love his playing with Zorn's Naked City--there's something about his playing with Zorn (like some of the Filmworks sets, too) that does connect, maybe because he's cutting loose more in that context.

I think Quine has said something about having played a Zorn/Quine/Frisell set somewhere, live improv with digital looping samplers, that sounds pretty interesting. Anyone happened to catch this?

-Maurice