Re: (TV) "Blue Mask"

In a message dated 3/15/00 5:16:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
noahl@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

> There's some good albums in that period though. I *love* "Street Hassle"
>  and "Legendary Hearts," and portions of "Transformer" and "Growing Up in
>  Public."

I've never been big on STREET HASSLE (although I love the title track). Just
be anal, TRANSFORMER came out before BERLIN and LEGENDARY HEARTS
came out after BLUE MASK ... I definitely agree with those!

I really liked GROWING UP when I first heard it, but it hasn't lasted for me
the
way the others have.

>  Is there anybody that likes the kind of sound he was pursuing on "Live" and
>  "Rock and Roll Animal"? That's the Reed stuff that made me punch out my
>  front teeth.

I've never understood that one either. I've never understood the raves. For
live
solo Lou, I always liked LIVE IN ITALY. Great performances from a great band
(Lou, Quine, Saunders, and Maher).

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg

"I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn"
    -- Neil Innes, "Protest Song"