(TV) TV Guitar

The times I saw Television play ( all four of them ) I never saw anything
but stock pickups on Verlaine's Jazzmaster.  Obviously he used others - the
photographic proof is there - but I wonder if they might be pickups from his
Fender Duo-Sonic rather than Danelectro lipsticks?  They do look alike.
Years ago it was mentioned he used a Duo-Sonic to record "Little Johnny
Jewel"; he later gave the guitar to Patti Smith.  Maybe someone else out
there has more information on this.  Yeah, it's a typical gearhead question.
    As far as whether or not the guitar is THE Marquee Moon guitar, I
imagine it would be ONE of them.  I've never heard of an artist getting
signed who didn't immediately run out and buy at least a couple of backup
axes - you should have seen how crazy the Cars went when they got their
advance.  Verlaine also seems very conscious of his image as a user of
"offbeat" axes:  Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Dan Armstrongs and what he described
as a "Kay thing" for the reunion album.
    As far as it being a shame if the guitar ended up on the wall of a Hard
Rock - while I also find the idea detestable, it's the person, not the
guitar, folks.  I have no doubt that if Verlaine was presented with a Les
Paul and a Marshall plexi, whatever came out would still sound like him
 albeit a lot louder ).  Of course, the right side of my brain is screaming
to me to raid the 401K...