Re: (TV) Your "soul" music

It depends on what's emptied me out.  If it's the pressure of appearing to
suffer fools gladly, any Byrds album from the first up to and including
"Notorious" will do it.  If I've been in a situation where the only way to
stop someone from making my life miserable is to kill them - don't worry, I
wouldn't, even if no jury would convict me - then it's time for some good
old fashioned boneheaded rock 'n' roll - The Dictators, the Ramones, the
Nervous Eaters, the Runaways ( yes, I said the Runaways ).  Utter dispair at
the Futility of It All calls for Lou Reed - or if that doesn't work, any
record by anyone named "King." This will usually lead me to a state of manic
rage best accompanied by Mission of Burma or Pere Ubu.  Stuff by TV seems to
go down better when I'm already feeling good, as does most jazz.
     And completely off the subject, am I the only person who thinks Roger
McGuinn would do a great cover of "Venus?"  I played the opening riff on my
Rickenbacker the other day and damn if it didn't sound good - even if it was
me playing.