Re: (TV) issues (nonTV)

I think it's a bit insulting to the audience, especially when your songs
are as simple as the Stereophonics'. If I go to see a gig like that, I
don't do so because I want to hear the record played back with minimal
variation. I'd rather hear them take a few risks and really go for it.
If you're Fat Boy Slim, fair enough, but if you're a band with as much
live experience as the Stereophonics, live chemistry ought to be what
you're paying for when you buy a ticket. Playing along to backing tapes
is playing it too safe. I'd rather see them do something a bit
dangerous. And if you must fill out the sound, why not just hire a
couple of session players?
Are you sure they were tapes, and not just a couple of extra musicians
off the side of the stage or something?
Sam