Re: (TV) "live" music

In a message dated 4/6/00 9:49:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pobbard@yahoo.com
writes:

> Backing tapes don't bother me that much - or at least not nearly as much as
>  post-concert overdubbing for live albums, which further serves to make live
>  performances sound just like studio performances (and thereby further
reduce
>  their value and/or interest to me...)

Damn. Philip, i hate to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Hate to say it, but you'd probably better steer clear of EAGLES LIVE then,
reputed to be one of the heaviest overdubbing jobs in history. Of course, I
know you were all set to pick it up. Sorry to ruin your day!

    -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn"
    -- Neil Innes, "Protest Song"