Re: (TV) "live" music-get the microscopes out!!!!

nick@powelln.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> Spot on. Also, in the States, do they have to put up with the abundance of
>  tribute bands that we have to over here? They are playing everywhere. The
>  only redeeming feature is the some of the cheesy names;
>  eg BY JOVI (BON JOVI of course) but my favourite?

I've seen a few around here, but none have the cool names that the English
bands seem to. The only two that leap to mind were The Back Doors (the Doors,
natch) and Substitute (The Who).

Oh, and the former members of Zappa's '88 Tour band (in my biased opinion,
the best live band ever) who Zappa kicked out of the band formed a group
called "The Band From Utopia" that plays a bunch of Zappa material. The
title's a rip on Zappa's THE MAN FROM UTOPIA album.

    -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn"
    -- Neil Innes, "Protest Song"