Re: (TV) Penultimate mix... (and more!)

Thanks for all the kind words so far.  As everyone involved with this will
attest to, it's a labor of love.  There are parts that I absolutely
abhored, and other parts I was fine with, but as I lived with it for
a while, some of the parts I loked I grew to hate!

I ended up re-recording about a third of the tracks over the past week or
so, and I ended up making some odd choices along the way.  At one point, I
didn't like either of the bits I had, so I combined them for an odd
guitar sound - a clean track combined with a little bit of the distorted
track!

I also spent about a month dicking around with a cheap MIDI guitar pickup
trying to come up with something cool.  I did, but it was distinctly out
of place on a Television song!  In the end, I threw out all the electronic
bits and went with straight guitar.  Other than a little reverb and a
pitch shifter to drop the "bass" part an octave, the only "effect" on
the track is a Pignose amplifier.

===========================

We now have another submission to check out!  Jeff Srtell and the band Fine
have contributed a cool version of "See No Evil."  Despite Jeff's
apprehension of comments regarding the guitar solo, it's crusher!

BTW, this version bolsters my theory that it's impossible to play a TV
song and *not* sing like Tom.  He writes these songs for his voice, and
therefore makes it nigh impossible to not sing it like him.

Until there's an official webpage to download these tunes, I've put
one up at http://zappa.brainiac.com/mp3s.html  The MP3s are there as well
as the WAVs for those of enormous bandwidth.

Extra points to Jeff for noticing I live on a street named (unintentionally,
I'm sure) after an anarchist!