Re: (TV) Maurice:The Holy Modal Rounders

    thought i'd throw in my coupla cents since we're discussing the rounders....i
caught them last october here in portland & it was the best, longest AND most
drunken (on the performers' behalf....i'm amazed at weber's alcoholic stamina)
show i'd seen in years....
however, last nite at the same venue (the venerated crystal ballroom) i saw the
BEST show of my life....patti smith blew my fucking mind & ass for well over 2
hours....the new material rocked even better than on record (& it's a decent
record), but holy fuck!....she encored with 'ain't it strange', sliding into the
'R&R nigger' rap, on into 'nigger', complete with utopic frenzied calls to arms,
finishing us off with the refrain of 'G L O R I A'.....stupendous &
life-changing...i don't exaggerate.