(TV) Speaking of the Monks

After I heard the Monks for the first time, I had to reassess my thoughts on the VU.  In many respects the Monks were doing the same things as the VU and even earlier than the the VU!  I do not believe that the Monks were aware of VU.  While the VU are seminal, another band had developed a lot of the same styles and concepts independent of their influence.  Quite remarkable if you think about it.  Black Monk Time is essential.