Re: (TV) Well, how about that?

It's interesting that Revolver seems to have taken over as the critics'
favourite Beatles album these days -- I've seen several other polls
where it's come way above Sgt Pepper. Personally I'd go for Abbey Road
if you have to have one.
OK Computer is dismal. Not even Radiohead's least bad album. I always
thought Exile On Main Street was incredibly over-rated too -- Jagger and
Richards seem to have forgotten how to write songs by the time they got
around to making that one. I've never really 'got' Van Morrison, either.
& to me the Clash always sound as though they were faking it, compared
to bands like the Pistols or the Adverts.
I think if I were responsible for the top 10 then it would definitely
feature the Kinks (either Village Green, Arthur, or Face To Face With...
or perhaps all of them!), Ziggy Stardust, Nick Drake's Bryter Layter,
The Only Ones Live and (these days) Pulp's Different Class and XTC's
Apple Venus volume 1. And it definitely wouldn't feature anything by the
Smiths. So there.
sam