Re: (TV) Well, how about that?

> them!), Ziggy Stardust,

Am I the only person who finds Ziggy Stardust to be considerably
overrated? I like the album, but Bowie did better work before
(TMWSTW and Hunky Dory) and better work after. Is Ziggy any
better than T. Rex's The Slider? Not in my book.

It's quite obvious that Bowie took a leaf out of Bolan's book. They
were  both reinterpreting early rock'n'roll for a new generation. I just
don't see Hang On To Yourself, Suffragette City or Moonage
Daydream as being any better than Telegram Sam, Chariot
Choogle or Buick Mackane. For me, The Slider remains a lost
"classic" album.

I will now duck for cover as Jeffery throws a few choice barbs in my
general direction.

Cliff