(TV) Verlaine/Kinks

Folks
At the risk of beating this topic to death:
>From Guitar World (Nov. 1981) interview:  How did this player get to such an exalted level of obscurity? Let's ask him:
TV: "I grew up taking piano lessons and liking Wagner when I was in second grade. I love these symphonies but they're totally - well, it's like a universe of sound. I can still remember being in second grade and getting these like, the 'Longine's Society Great Symphonies of the World' records and playing them. They were mono records. I can remember playing them - it was a universe, it wasn't a personality, it was a universe of sound! Things happening."
TV: "And then when somebody turned me on to a Coltrane record around seventh grade, I took up saxophone. Around tenth grade, somebody played me (actually it was my brother, who would listen to Motown which I thought was like bad jazz at the time) 'Wake Me, Shake Me (When It's Over)' and when I heard it, for some reason I loved that song. And then I heard 'Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown' and 'All of the Day (And All of the Night)' [emphasis added]. Those are the records that made me think the guitar could be as good as jazz. Up until then the electric guitar was a stupid instrument to me. When I heard the solos on those records, the sound, the general sound, that's when it occurred to me that the guitar was a cool instrument."
	TV: "Those two singles, like I said were the two big guitar singles, and the early Yardbirds' stuff. And Bloomfield's playing on 'Highway 61 Revisited'. That stuff I thought was great. I'm trying to think of the records I had, there in my room, in Delaware. My brother had Sam and Dave records, you know the guitar playing on those records? And the Byrds. The Byrds I really did like. And I did like their B-sides, although I haven't heard them in years and years. Now that you mention it, those B-sides were great! Is 'She Don't Care About Time' a B-side?"

		Leo