(TV) which hitchcock?

While perusing this thread yesterday, I stumbled on someone's insight that
Hitchcock's much-touted surrealism was overstated and was more in keeping
with the "high school poetry" of Dali, or words to that effect. I gotta say
at first I thought you all were talking about about Alfred Hitchcock, not
Robyn, and I thought, you gotta be kidding, Dali couldn't daub the waste off
of Hitchcock's generous bum for trying with his forked moustachioed goatee.

Then I realized you were talking about Robyn Hitchcock, who I don't know
from Adam, but I have the Underwater Moonlight album, and such songs as
"I've Got The Hot's For You", and especially "I Wanna Destroy You" are f-ing
great. I heard the early Soft Boys LP, "A Can Of Bees" is rather cool, and
I've never heard "I"m an Angle-Poised Lamp"(?). Is it worth getting? How
about the BBC stuff or other stuff from that era? Kimberley Rew's guitar
sound against Robyn's is beautiful, especially compared with the majority of
early-80's groups. Any advice on this early Soft Boys stuff is appreciated.
Scott