Re: (TV) Well, how about that?

Although I've cooled on Bowie since my fandom highpoint of fall 1995, I still
have lots of trouble picking my favorite album. Contenders include, in the
order that seems applicable at this instant:

SCARY MONSTERS
STATION TO STATION
LOW
"HEROES"
HUNKY DORY
ALADDIN SANE

I also like big chunks of OUTSIDE, BLACK TIE WHITE NOISE, TMWSTW, DIAMOND DOGS,
the first Tin Machine album - I even like PIN-UPS. Oh yeah, and I could never
get enough of "Modern Love".

Tying into another thread: why do critics treat Lennon's ROCK 'N' ROLL so
kindly, but never stop criticizing Bryan Ferry or David Bowie for their cover
albums from the same period? (Yup, I like PIN-UPS too, at least most of it).
Even in my Lennon-loving heyday, I always though ROCK 'N' ROLL sounded like
uninspired filler - badly produced, performed, and arranged. I even thought
McCartney's Russian album was a lot stronger.

--Philip