Re: (TV) Well, how about that?

--- Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
> I've been listening a lot to Revolver lately.  My son, who's almost
> 11, is into the Beatles now so I'm cutting some disks from my old
> vinyl.  He just bought the Revolver album on his own, and I'm
> astonished how well it holds up.

Agreed. For all the complaining and mono-vs-stereo debates of the Beatle
diehards since 1987, I think the CD versions of RUBBER SOUL, REVOLVER, SGT.
PEPPER and everything after sound terrific. Especially REVOLVER. I still love
the album, although I think "Yellow Submarine" and "Good Day Sunshine" could
have been dropped.

> OK Computer - Radiohead, innit?  Sorry, *maybe* I'd put them somewhere
> in the top 100, but nowhere near this high.

Hmmmm, I love OK COMPUTER. Great enveloping album. On my "top ten for the 90s".
Uh-oh, I feel a list coming...

Agree about Led Zeppelin though - a few good albums (used to love the first two
and PHYSICAL GRAFFITI), but also often overrated.

--Philip