Re: (TV) Neon Boys & Richard Lloyd

    I had the privelege and the grief of rehearsing 6 months with Richard.
In that time we had done 8 songs. 2 of which were co-written by me, 3 covers
"I'll Keep It With Mine", "Hurt Me"(Hell/Thunders) and a countrified(gag!)
"Purple Rain". Richard wrote the other 3. It was both a blessing and a
curse. It was interesting to see how a song could be written from a
bassplayer's perspective. The rules are left wide open especially with the
lines that Richard plays, they're so twisted. Anyway, for the songs that he
wrote there were basslines for, the others not. The lyrics came very slowly
as well. After 6 months, "Go Now" came out and Richard abandoned the
project. Needless to say I was really pissed at him for that. It was all for
the money of releasing an LP in various countries who would be interested.
Most notably, here, the UK, and especially Japan. So I don't think he was
totally lying when he said that he wasn't writing songs anymore. If someone
offered him enough money he'd find the motivation to make another record.
This internet project is a perfect example. M T C