(TV) Television "New York Stories" Gold Disc

   Hey Y'all,

   I don't normally do this type of thing but for some odd reason I feel
compelled to express and opinion on this release. Alot of the material
on this CD is real shakey in their performance. For example "Little Johnny
Jewel" sounds like they've just learnt it. No minor chords, just the
straight
Da da da, da da da from beginning to end. It sounds very disjointed. There
are other tracks where the band is not playing together at all. Some of
these
tracks must be from when Fred frst joined the band. It does have it's
moments
though. Especially hearing the 2 previously unreleased tracks "let me Out"
and
"Whatcha doin' on Them Stairs". This is definitely for the hardcore, must
have
collector. If I had nothing but the 3 official LP's and bought this CD as my
first
"Live" Television disc I would think, these guys were highly over-rated,
they can't
play live to save their lives. It's a shame with all of the good unreleased
"Live" material that's aroubnd that the Punk Vault folks used this stuff. If
you're
a complete-ist then this is obviously a must, if you're not then your money
would be better spent on a "Portland '78" or "Double Exposure" or a "Live
Adventures '78" disc. Anyone else have an opinion on this collection? M T C