(TV) Patti Smith

Saw the Atlanta show last evening.  One of the best I have ever seen.  In the same venue where I saw Television 7 years ago.  Very loud; my ears are still ringing.  Dedicated a song to Stipe, dedicated a song to Mapplethorpe and dedicated a song to a local legend--Benjamin, dead of AIDS and most recently in the band Smoke.  Killer versions of Not Fade Away, Be My Baby and So you Want to Be A Rock and Roll Star (stunning show opener).  Closed with rousing rendition of Gloria.  Better than I imagined for sure.  She puts on a great show and the band is TIGHT.

Jay