Re: (TV) royalties

I am really outdated on this subject but, being off
the net for a week, quite chatty.

I do not think they make much per sale.  When LP's
where aproximately 12.00 I read paul mcCartney
received the highest royalty payment of all musicians,
a whopping 0.25 cents per lp.  The article said
musicians make most of their $ off of touring and
royaltys from radio play (if they wrote the song).  It
used to be that one needed to make a minimum amount
from radio before you get paid out (in Canada anyhow).
 I also think MTC said that prior to making a cent off
a record, the musician has to pay off the advance and
cost of making and promoting the album.

I'll shut-up for awhile now, sorry

Greg