Lenny Kaye (was: Re: (TV) prestige signings)

At 2:33 PM -0400 7/26/00, Michael Carlucci wrote:
    I don't know about Tom but I do know that more than any other guitarist
John Cippolina was a major influence on Lenny Kaye. When I bought some of
Tom's record collection I don't recall seeing any QMS LP's in there. M T C

Ah, Lenny. Lenny was in great form a couple weeks ago at the show I saw--his natural-born rhythm playing was exactly right, and his leads and solos were a definite pleasure. His playing on _Horses_ actually convinced me not to give up a few years back.

That's very interesting about Cippolina being an influence on Lenny. For some reason, the connection has never occurred to me. Any favorite Lenny Kaye solos, anyone? I'm going to have to go back and listen with attention.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/