(TV) Mumps

J.D. Daugherty and Lance Loud (leader of the Mumps) grew up together in
Santa Barbara, California. America has known Lance since he was a
teen-age TV star and Bowie fanatic coming out of the closet in the early
1970's. PBS television did an innovative and popular cinema verite TV
series called the Loud Family which made Lance and his family famous.
Lance formed the Mumps with J.D. on drums and moved to NYC. His mother
Pat Loud also moved to NYC and became a literary agent. She helped
Richard Hell at one point. I've never heard Tom mention the Mumps or
Lance, but I recall reading a few positive Television reviews written by
Lance.