Re: (TV) THE MUMPS

    I liked the 45 of Crocdile Tears. I held onto it for a few years then
unloaded it when I was cleaning out my record collection. I'll order the CD
collection on your recommendation. Live they just didn't cut it for me.
Lance was very entertaining but the rest of the band were dull to me. Of
course they preceded John Cale who was promoting his Helen of Troy & Animal
Justice EP at the time. He was nothing short of being fabulous. And then
they had to go on before Blondie who'd just gotten back from their tour of
Europe opening for Television, they too were fabulous. It would be Gary
Valentine's last show with the group. So the Mumps were easily forgettable
having been overshadowed by those two groups. Perhaps if I had seen them on
their own. M T C