(TV) Tin Huey

Michael wrote:

>     I loved Tin Huey. I immediately went in search of their record which
> Bleecker Bob had. Then Chris of course started the Waitresses and that was
> the end of Tin Huey. Too bad as they could've really made a difference in
> what was happening at the time. M T C

In my humble opinion, Chris ruined the Hueys. I was a fan since I 1st saw them
open for Caravan at my college (CWRU) around '75. The original band was VERY
quirky & worshipped Robert Wyatt & Soft Machine (their version of I'm A
Believer was a cover of Wyatt's version, & Robert Takes The Road To
Leibernawash (sp?) is about him - also used to do a great live version of
Little Red Ridinghood Hits The Road). If you have any way to listen to their
early Clone EPs/45s, you'd know the difference. Chris made 'em more "pop" on
their LP (which as far as I know has never been on CD) - in fact, the song
Hump Week was kinda a homage to WMMS, the most commercial of the FM stations.
I hated the LP when it came out (which came out after I moved to CA), but
cought 'em live at the Agora on my one visit back, & live they were still the
same. Chris was a real nice guy & I'm glad he got some fame from the
Waitresses, which was more his style.
    I've got the record player dusted off & will probably be doing a burn of
my Huey stuff - let me know if anyone's interested in a copy!

All the best,
Gary Mollica