(TV) Scott Walker (again)

Any Scott Walker devotees have an opinion about this? (from Forced Exposure)

 FONTANA (UK):

 WALKER, SCOTT: Boy Child: 67-70 CD (FONT 705). A best-of compilation
 of tracks from the first 5 Scott Walker albums: Scott, 2, 3, 4 and
 'Til The Band Comes In'.  "Awesome 'greatest hits' collection, part
 of Fontana's Scott reissue program, spruced up with a lyric sheet and
 24 bit HBCD remastered sound from the original half inch masters.
 Perfect for anyone who is wary of jumping in with one of the full
 lengths, but as far as I'm concerned -- once you hear this you'll
 want them all.Includes tracks from Scott's first five studio albums,
 and the track selection is top notch, even considering the fact that
 withthe idiosyncratic output of this guy, every fan is going to have
 a different idea about which tracks are of the 'must hear' variety.
 Another bonus: the inclusion of the B-side of Scott's 1967 single for
 'Jackie', a track called 'The Plague', loosely based on the Camus
 book of the same name, and we already find our hero staking out his
 claim as a performer not afraid to confront subject matter others of
 his (or any) era might find too "pretentious", for lack of a better
 word. Who came up with the idea that self-indulgence is a bad thing
 for an artist anyway? One minus: this collection originally had some
 pretty great liner notes by one Marc Almond, which have been replaced
 by some 'insightful' commentary by a blowhard named Neil Hannon, who
 insists on mentioning his personal set of 'maple-finished Wharfdale
 speakers', as if anyone gave a shit. Outside of that, this is a great
 primer." -- Billy Kiely  $13.50

At the moment, gearing up to buy the new Sony box of early Louis Armstrong's Hot Five and Hot Seven,
Maurice

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/