Re: (TV) greatest psychedelic track(s)

Just back from a _very_ long and enjoyable anniversary weekend out of town, I've got to say that I love this list. These recent threads have been great.

As for Chrome, I, too have been intrigued. Anyone on the list subscribe to Tape Op? It's my current favorite print mag, the only one I read obsessively cover to cover, and bought all the available back issues. In any event, in issue 17 there's a long appreciation of Chrome's _Alien Soundtracks_ that's definitely piqued my interest. (US citizens: a free subscription awaits you at http://www.tapeop.com/ Non-US citizens...are screwed. You'll have to pay $37.50/year, courtesy of the US Postal Service.) I've heard that the one member of Chrome died a few years back, ostensibly of heart failure or something. Helios Creed, however, seems to be going strong.

Tin Huey--check 'em out, for sure. I have the _Contents Dislodged During Shipment_ LP, and it's vastly enjoyable. I guess I can only hope I'll find the singles one day.

Psychedelic tracks? I've been enjoying Quicksilver's _Lost Silver and Gold_, and (God help me) Gong. I saw Daevid Allen almost a week ago, and the band was really good--his new guitarist has a punk soul for sure, and Daevid's in apparent great shape. 'Bout the only Gong LP I have is _You_, which does have some redeeming moments, but the live University of Errors show was definitely worth catching.

-Maurice