(TV) Vinyl v. cd

I have, from time to time, read comments by those with much more fidelity knowledge than I have that the cd of Marquee Moon is a pale comparison to the vinyl version.  That is, the cd was a rush job.  I've actually never compared them side by side.  Is this true and is there any chance that Elektra will ever remaster MM.  While it is not their best seller by a long shot, surely someone in that company recognizes it as one of their greatest and most important releases.